Celebrating 30 years of wilderness adventures and community service expeditions
Since 1984, we have been providing exciting adventure summer camp programs for teenagers, combining wilderness adventure with the opportunity to work with native peoples on service projects that honor their traditional lifeways, or on conservation projects that preserve the beauty of the American West.
Our Expeditions provide:
- Amazing expedition experiences for every teen, experienced or not
- Community service that is meaningful and truly cross-cultural
- Small group size, close in age, for powerful team dynamics
- Incredible personal growth opportunities
- Thoughtful, individual and relevant leadership training
- Environmental awareness and nature studies
- Experienced and inspirational leaders – average age is 28
- 1:4 staff-to-participant ratio
- Unrivaled programming area knowledge and safety record
- Accreditation by the Association of Experiential Education
It’s a fact: as the air gets thinner, smiles get wider
This classic program is where many young people first join the Deer Hill community. It’s a great starting point if you are ready to venture into the wild landscapes of Utah and Colorado, and want to experience the unique rhythm of life of a traditional Navajo community.